Thursday, September 07, 2006

September 7

46 miles, 10.0 mph, 850' elevation gain
(Hinsdale to Malta, MT)



View Larger Map

Highlights: breakfast with Pastor Troy, Chet Huntley's one-room school, cool in morning, hot in afternoon, no new mosquito bites

Journal: I've now reached Malta, Montana (about 90 miles east of Havre). It's been quite hot (upper 80's) for the past several days so I haven't been pushing myself too hard. Shade is hard to find anywhere, but at least the breeze feels nice when I'm not dying of thirst. The library closes in a few minutes, so I will update the site in more detail from Havre [more to come]


Odd spot for a church spire! (Hinsdale)


The gravel road not taken (east of Saco)


Chet Huntley's one-room schoolhouse (Saco)


Highway 2 with shoulder & rumble strips (northeast of Malta)

No comments: